Cyber-D's SQL wizard makes it easy to generate SQL queries from CSV data. This tool is ideal for people who need to insert large amounts of data into an SQL database. If you always receive Excel documents and need to insert the data into an SQL database, then this tool is ideal. Simply save the Excel document as a Comma Separated Value, import the file, change the variables (see video tutorial on product's website), click parse and save as SQL file. Now you can import the file in your SQL database.
- Export the Excel document as a CSV file (where “;” is used as a separator).
- Run SQL Wizard and browse for the csv or txt file.
- Give the columns in the CSV a unique identifier in the “CSV Column identifiers” field. You can use any name you like, as long as it’s between the [square brackets] and seperated by a semicolon. These variable names represent the columns of the CSV document in the same order.
- Modify the “SQL Insert Query” field to match your table name and table field names. Use the CSV Column identifiers you entered as values.
- Click on “Parse” to generate the SQL Queries.
- Click on “Save as SQL” to save the SQL query on your desktop.
- Open the SQL file for inspection and load into SQL database when satisfied.
This tool can also be used to create any other type of queries if you modify the SQL Insert Query string to your needs.
A great alternative for my SQL Wizard is Exportizer. It has a lot more functions, processes data faster and supports more database formats.